Labels

Friday, December 2, 2016

Talking with Ryan Paris (Part II)



Here the second part of this conversation with Ryan Paris




In short, "Dolce Vita" changed your life?
Yes, surely, well… probably because I had a small place where I used to record with my new wave rock band, and I had concerts with 30 people, we actually had not concerts, we were dreaming, and we had concerts but for rock festivals. I lost the keyboardist and I looked for another one, who was Pierluigi Giombini, the one who wrote me "Dolce Vita" and then ... television, millions of records sold, fans,  women aahh !!!.

It was a big success that song… and Ryan Paris, how you become Ryan Paris?
I was with my girlfriend, trying to look at the dictionary a name in English, at the end from A to Z, we found nothing, and I said, I like the name Ryan, and she said Ryan Berlin and I said, no! Ryan Paris. After 7 hours of work.

You are Fabio, but had you any other pseudonyms?
Before I started, I was Fabio Dali, I had a band called the Gigolos, and there I was Fabio, now Fabio is my name and Ryan Paris my artistic name.

Maybe you know, inside the eurodisco world, many times the singer that appeared on the covers was not the one of the studio. Was this common at that time?
It was not common, but there were cases. Den Harrow, Modern Talking, I have been told of others that I do not remember, but there were not many. There were many singers, such as Passengers, Camouflage, Silvio Pozzoli, Tom Hooker, then Ken Laszlo sang for many, Albert One sings, P Lion sings, Gazebo sings, I sing. Many have really sung.

I would like to know your opinion. You know that during last years the distribution of music changed since mp3s appeared. Do you think streaming is helping to singers?
No, I make my vinyl, the vinyl has returned. The streaming is helping hmmm. I made three vinyls, they are selling very well and I do it. I started alone with my manager and now I have people who asked me ... Please can I sell your vinyls around the world?, I have one in Argentina, I have one in Mexico, small, but they sell a lot. Some fans also buy on my homepage.

And how do you think would be in the future with new singers, they can be affected by this. You are known and that is the reason people buy your records.
It is very very difficult, it always depends on the label house, a very strong record house, a lot of promotion and if the song is good, it sells. But people are returning to sell vinyls, you see, there are compilations, just for fans, but there are always more. I made now a vinyl with 6 colors, and they buy all the colors, not many, 5 or 6 people did that, but it is amazing. This is a little fan market. It reminds the 70's - 80's, when was the idolatry of the Beatles, Rollings. The best time to sell records was 60's - 70's., 80's - 90's, also very good time, with the sales of CDs, people did not copy it and then came the mp3.



Besides singing, what do you do in your spare time?
Well, I collect vinyls, I do sports, I am dedicated to my son, I am dedicated  to my family, I like playing the guitar, composing songs and cooking, making furniture and libraries.

What are your next plans for the future?
Next, we are working on a song with a German singer from the T.X.T., group of the 80's, a song that was called "Girl's Got A Brand New Toy".

-        A new version ? remix?
Let's see, I do not know, let's see what we'll do.
And then I'm working on a project with Phil R, another project with Andy Emme, a project with Stefan Juno Gang and this famous Giorgio Holister. Then people always send me songs, so probably a new vinyl in the spring.

And new video clips?
Are coming two music videos because now the new CD with 36 songs was released, not with the first Ryan Paris, but the new one as now, "I Want To Love You Once More", "Sensation Of Love", "Yo Quiero Amarte Una Vez Más"," Together Again ". Then there are a couple of songs, which have video, a video that we are finishing, is a song a little more Latin, is not a reggaeton but is nice and then a pop-dance stuff. And then we'll work on a new video too, but with the new songs.

Is there anything you regret from your past?
No ... everything is good. In life, always happens strange and new things, you never know, what will happen and what will not happen, but also ... I would like to have more money, cars, I wish the world were a place with more friendly people sometimes, but you can not change that sometimes, so I try to be good with friends and do the best I can.

Thinking of a distant future, how would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as a smiling, nice person ... I hope they say so ... and that he made songs in 2055 very nice ... (laughs), to be remembered for my songs and I hope to make 2-3 more beautiful songs, that people can say: Oh I fell in love!.

And that they become top 1 in the charts?
Top 1 in the hearts of fans, this is a much better thing.

Do you have any words for the fans in Peru?
Yes, I wait for all the fans of Peru, I want to go to Peru, I want to sing for you, I hope to sing very soon and to be all together. Thank you!!.

Thanks a lot dear Ryan!!